Individuals obtaining the CCMT designation will gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of fixed income markets and securities. In addition, they will learn best practices for investing and managing public funds.
Finance and treasury personnel responsible for the management and direct oversight of fixed income portfolios.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study and a minimum of two (2) years of treasury, finance, or investment-specific experience, or
- Six (6) years of treasury, finance or investment-specific experience.
Requirements - You need all of the below items
- Complete all of the following within 18 months of enrollment:
$25 - CMTA Registration/Application Fee
Due when the application is submitted. Payable to CMTA.
CFA Institute Investment Foundations™
$200 - CFA Institute Investment Foundations™
Investment Foundations program must be completed within 180 days of registration.
Click for Investment Foundations Registration
- Access the CFA Institute Investment Foundations™ discount webpage where you will be prompted to Login or Create an Account (if you do not already have a CFA Institute account).
- Once logged in, you will enter the form fields:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Upon submission of the form, your discount will be applied within 48 hours, and you will receive a notification email from email@example.com which will confirm your discount and give you instructions for the next steps in registering.
- Your discount confirmation email will include a link to the CFA Institute Investment Foundations™ Registration Page where you will proceed through registration.
- Note that your registration fee should reflect the USD200 price. If this pricing is not reflected, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding with registration.
Fixed Income Academy Bond School
$1,275 - Fixed Income Academy Bond School
To receive the discounted rate plus take advantage of an exclusive CMTA installment payment option, please complete the CMTA only registration form. You will be directed to register in the session beginning January 2017 to coincide with the January 2017 cohort.
Candidates will have 365 days to complete Bond School if registration is completed before the start of the session. New FIA sessions begin on the first day of each quarter. The CMTA only registration link allows you to enroll in the January or July sessions to align with the suggested cohort schedule.
If you have any questions or would like to enroll in a quarter beginning in April or October, contact FIA at email@example.com or 800-243-5097.
8 Hours of CMTA Training
$160* - CMTA Specialized Training (Eight Hours)
* Approximation, costs vary
The curriculum offered by CMTA’s education partners, CFA Institute and Fixed Income Academy, is self-study and primarily offered online. The final exam for the Claritas Program is offered at testing centers conveniently located throughout the state. CMTA’s specialized content will be offered throughout the year at conferences and educational workshops as well as online via webinars. Both the CFA Institute and Fixed Income Academy belong to the NASBA registry of CPE sponsors and offer CPE eligible credits for CPAs in most states.
Maintenance and Continuing Education Requirements
To maintain the CCMT designation, individuals must agree to stay abreast of current trends and developments in local, regional, and national markets. To this end, they must complete a total of 20 continuing professional education (CPE) credit hours per year.
Designations shall be renewed every two years; a minimal application fee will apply.
All 20 eligible credit hours may be earned by attending conferences, workshops, and webinars offered by the following industry groups:
- California Municipal Treasurers Association (CMTA)
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission (CDIAC)
- Government Investment Officers Association (GIOA)
- Association of Public Treasurers of United States & Canada (APTUS&C)
A combined total of 10 CPE credit hours may be earned from the following industry groups by attending investment or treasury related sessions
- California Assn County Treasurers and Tax Collectors (CACTTC)
- California Society Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
Other eligible sponsors of CPE credits listed on the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) registry offering investment or treasury related sessions, limited to a total of 10 CPE units per year.